TPO Roofing Systems
What is TPO?
Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) is a thin reflective roofing material made from polyprophylene and ethylene-propylene rubber. It's usually either attached mechanically or fully adhered to the roof, while allowing the membrane to still be exposed to help cut down on cooling costs.
The Benefits of TPO Roofing Systems
- Durability, Flexibility and Versatility – TPO is highly resistant to tears, impacts, and punctures yet remains flexible to allow for building movement – it is available in 3 different thicknesses, 0.045”, 0.060”, and 0.080”. TPO can be installed on low and high slope surfaces and can be heated and reshaped multiple times, which is particularly helpful when completing roof details.
- Economical and Easy to Install – TPO’s flexibility allows for a rapid installation and requires little maintenance throughout its life. TPO membranes are commonly fully adhered or mechanically attached to the underlying insulation or cover board. Firestone UltraPly TPO membranes are available in rolls ranging from 5’ x 100’ to 12.4’ x 200 which reduce number of seams and cut labour costs drastically.
- Cool Roofing Matters – A light coloured roof that reflects the sun’s energy can play a significant role in reducing the buildings cooling costs. It also offers benefits to the surrounding environment through a reduction of the urban heat island (UHI) effect.
- Welded Seams for Long-Lasting Performance – TPO membranes are heat-welded at 926ºC with a hot-air gun. The result is a fused seam that’s stronger than the field of the membrane. Sustainable and
- Environmentally Friendly – TPO membranes contain no toxic or hazardous ingredients and are fully recyclable
TPO System Installation
If you're looking to save on your commercial building's cooling costs, a TPO Roofing System is the best choice for you. With over 10 years of commercial roofing experience, you can trust that your Single Source Roof team will get the job done right the first time.